The Walt Disney World Resort is the second Disney resort and the largest Disney resort in the world, it covers 30,080 acres and it contains four theme parks, two water parks, a shopping district and 25 resorts.
The Walt Disney Company started looking for a place to build an East-coast Disneyland in 1959, which had more place to expand, since Disneyland doesn't have much place to expand. They came across land near Orlando, which was big enough to create a big resort. They started buying land as different small companies. Sadly, Walt never saw Walt Disney World happening, since he passed away in 1966 and Walt Disney World opened in 1971.
The parks at Walt Disney World are:
- Disney's All-Star Movies resort
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort
- Disney's All-Star Pop Resort
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney's Beach Club Resort
- Disney's Boardwalk Inn
- Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
Note: This are not all of the Walt Disney World Resorts.